Rethinking Conventions Delights Consumers and Improves Sustainability
Serve up a fun & new user experience while incorporating an inherently sustainable design.
Reduce: Solid formulations eliminate the need for plastic packaging. Little to no water content reduces the weight of the product, greatly reducing the carbon footprint in shipping.
Reuse: The bento box carrying case is made from bamboo fiber, is stylish, multi-purpose, and reusable.
Recycle: Where we do use packaging for specific prototypes, it is 100% renewable and recyclable material.
Choose Biodegradable: We select biodegradable ingredients and packaging to ensure products are not harmful to the environment after use or disposal. The cellulose baggies that the prototypes are shipped in for protection is made from a compostable bio-plastic.
Sample all 7 Formulations
The Shampoo Bar
A sustainable take on a traditional shampoo, this waterless bar cleans without stripping. AminoSensyl™ HC rehydrates and conditions hair. LexFeel™ N5 MB provides combability with the benefit of silicone-free.
The Conditioner Bar
A sustainable take on a traditional conditioner, this waterless and easy-rinse bar delivers strengthening & conditioning with amino acid based conditioning agent, AminoSensyl™ HC.
The Hair Mask
This creamy solid hair mask uses the amino-acid based amino lipid, AminoSensyl™ HC to deeply nourish the hair and LexFeel™ N350 MB to provide color protection.
The Cleansing Cube
BYOW (Bring Your Own Water) to cleansing with The Cleansing Cube. This no package necessary solid format gives a sustainable take a traditional face cleansing.
This natural deodorant has a smooth glide and dry finish on skin. Natural anti-bacterial agents prohibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
The Solid Moisturizer
This is a sustainable and waterless take on a typical body moisturizer. Combining natural butters, plant-based emollients, and soft solid texturizers creates a unique experience without the need for plastic packaging.
The Dry Shampoo
This non-aerosol format is a powder dry shampoo in a recyclable container made from recycled materials. It absorbs oil and refreshes hair with a soft and smooth feel. Natural and traceable oils from Provence, France soothe the scalp.
These formulations tackle sustainability in a few different ways:
- First, in packaging. In many circumstances packaging can be eliminated by formulating a solid format. However, packaging may be necessary for certain formats (like our powder dry shampoo) or in shipping (we use a plant-based cellulose film to protect the bars).
- In formulation weight: reducing the weight of the formula by reducing or eliminating the water content saves carbon emissions by reducing the weight of shipments. In other words, these are highly concentrated formulas reducing the shipment of packaged water all around the world.
- Ingredient choice! These formulations feature natural and biodegradable technology from INOLEX that enable high performing, delightful formulations.
These are about as low-waste as it gets. However, we don't like to use the term zero-waste because there is always going to be some amount of impact within the value chain of a formulation. We value progress not perfection!
Sample any of the ingredients featured in the kit to start formulating. You can recreate the formulas by visiting the prototype pages which includes processing information.
You can also sample the individual formulations or the 7-formula kit. Click on any of the items you want to sample and build a cart to place a request.
Watch How to Use the Hair Mask
This sustainable take on a hair mask brings a DIY experience to the user. Melt, stir and apply!
Ingredients Featured in the Kit
AminoSensyl™ SC100% Natural Cationic Emulsification System
- COSMOS approved & brassica-derived
- Cationic amino lipid emulsification system
- Creates lamellar gel networks
- Stabilize high oil loads for moisturizing skin care
AminoSensyl™ HC100% Natural Quat-Free Hair Care System
- Multi-benefit hair conditioning system
- 100% natural & COSMOS approved
- Cationic amino lipid technology
- Smooth, define, and strengthen hair
LexFeel™ N350 MBDimethicone Alternative & Hair Color Protectant
- 350 cSt dimethicone alternative
- Hair color protection benefits
- Improved skin-feel and wet / dry comb performance
- 100% natural, vegan, and readily biodegradable
LexFeel™ N5 MB100% Plant-Based Light Dimethicone Alternative
- Matches spreading speed of 10 cSt dimethicone
- Tack reduction properties
- Dispersing emollient for pigments
- 100% natural, NSF / ANSI 305 Approved
Lexgard® Natural MB100% Plant-Based Optimized Preservation Combination
- 100% natural & COSMOS certified
- Optimized bacteriostatic system
- Emollient, co-emulsifier, & skin re-fatting agent
- Create alternative preservation systems
Lexgard® OHumectant and Bacteriostatic Preservation Component
- Widely used preservation component
- Humectant, moisturizer, & wetting agent
- Strong protection against bacteria
- Alternative to traditional preservatives
Spectrastat™ G2 Natural MB100% Natural Broad Spectrum Preservation System
- Plant-based preservation system
- NATRUE approved & 100% biobased content
- Broad spectrum performance
- Pass industry-standard challenge test
SustOleo™ BABrassica-Derived Structuring Agent
- Build viscosity & stabilize emulsions
- Fatty alcohol derived from non-palm sources
- 55°C melting point
- Vegan and COSMOS certified
SustOleo™ DCSSustainable All-Purpose Emollient
- 100% natural from non-palm sources
- Color pigment & UV filter dispersing emollient
- Silicone-like afterfeel
- Excellent for natural deodorant applications
SustOleo™ TLNatural Powder-to-Liquid Texturizer
- Dual melting points for unique sensory
- Improve sensory in powder dry shampoo
- Creates transformational experience
- 100% coconut-derived
Vellaplex™ MB100% Plant-Based Moisturizer & Film Former
- COSMOS & NATRUE approved
- Reduce mascara smudging
- Retain moisture in skin and body care products
- Breathable, cushiony sensory profile
Liquid Crystalline Phase Behavior of Amino Lipids
The difference of one methylene group in the amino lipid head group leads to pronounced differences in the liquid crystalline phase behavior and hair conditioning performance.
Explore our Prototype Library
The INOLEX Applications Lab designs a myriad of exciting and inspiring prototypes that demonstrate current market trends and the performance of our ingredients.