The Shampoo Bar
A sustainable take on a traditional shampoo, this waterless bar cleans without stripping. AminoSensyl™ HC rehydrates and conditions hair. LexFeel™ N5 MB provides combability with the benefit of silicone-free.
This novel format reduces the shipping carbon footprint and requires no packaging.
The Shampoo Bar
|Item||Trade Name||Ingredient (INCI)||(w/w)%|
|1||AminoSensyl™ HC*||Brassica Alcohol (and) Brassicyl Valinate Esylate||10.00|
|2||SustOleo™ BA*||Brassica Alcohol||6.00|
|3||LexFeel™ N5 MB*||Diheptyl Succinate (and) Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer||4.50|
|4||Cocoa Butter||Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter||1.20|
|5||Jojoba Oil||Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil||0.50|
|6||Argan Oil||Argania Spinosa (Argan) Oil||0.40|
|7||Tapioca Natural 9096||Tapioca Starch||14.50|
|8||Bio-Terge® AS-90 Beads||Sodium (C14-16) Olefin Sulfonate||29.00|
|9||Pureact I-85E Flake||Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate||29.00|
|10||Lexgard® O*||Caprylyl Glycol||1.00|
|12||Coconut & Green Tea||Fragrance||1.00|
|13||FD&C Yellow No. 5 (1% Solution)||Acid Yellow 23 (CI 19140)||0.50|
- Combine Items 1 – 6 main batch and heat to 80 °C while gently anchor mixing.
- Maintaining temperature, slowly add Item 7 to main batch with moderate speed anchor mixing.
- Combine Items 8 and 9 and gently anchor mix until uniform, then slowly add to main batch.
- Combine Items 10 – 13 and add to the main batch while anchor mixing. Remove from heat.
- Continue mixing while cooling. Once the dough cools to 50 °C to 65 °C, lightly dust a mold with tapioca starch and press into shape.
- Lightly dust a mold with tapioca starch and press into shape.
Solid shampoo bar.
pH @ 25°C (10% in DI water) = 6.30
45°C (12 Weeks), 50°C (12 Weeks), F/T (3 cycles)
Preservative Efficacy Testing: EP-B, PCPC, USP
LexFeel™ N5 MB: Natural lightweight dimethicone alternative. Improves shine and softness in hair without build-up or greasiness.
AminoSensyl™ HC: 100% natural, quat-free hair conditioning system. Adding this novel cationic system to shampoos creates a moisturized, non-stripping formula such as a co-wash or 2-in-1 product.
SustOleo™ BA: Brassica-derived structuring agent, contributes to the hardness of the bar.
Lexgard® O: Multifunctional component for alternative preservation.
Natural Origin Content
ISO 16128, includes water: 64.94%