Brassica Alcohol (and) Brassicyl Valinate Esylate
100% Natural Quat-Free Hair Conditioning System
AminoSensyl™ HC is a COSMOS approved, non-quat complete conditioning system with cationic amino lipid technology. It creates rich textures and provides deep moisturization. It is ideal for soft, weightless conditioning that smooths, defines, and strengthens hair.
- 2X increase in hair strength in rinse-off and leave-on formulations
- 66% decrease in wet comb force
- 70% decrease in dry comb force
- Curl defining for all hair types
- Non-toxic to aquatic life
- Non-irritating to skin or eyes
- Designed with green chemistry
hair conditioners | hair treatments | skincare | serums | emulsions | cleansing | body care | shave | beard care
Standards & CertificationsView Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level:
- 6 - 20% for rinse off and leave in conditioner
- 20 - 90% for solid formats
- Add to oil phase and heat to 75°C
- pH < 5 is required
- No neutralization needed. AminoSensyl™ HC is pre-neutralized.
- Watch our how-to videos or download the formulation guide for more information.
Sustainability is embedded in INOLEX's design philosophy. AminoSensyl™ HC design was guided by the Principles of Green Chemistry and life cycle thinking.
Green Chemistry & Sustainable Life Cycle Highlights:
- non-toxic to aquatic life
- water is only reaction byproduct
- non-irritating to skin or eyes
- solid, non-aqueous product
- solvent-free process
- low energy manufacturing process
- renewable feedstocks
- readily biodegradable
- no heavy metal catalysts
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
The Science Behind
AminoSensyl™ HC is part of INOLEX’s propriety technology platform of amino lipids.
Building blocks of the amino lipid molecule, Brassicyl Valinate Esylate:
- Valine: amino acid from biofermentation that provides the natural cationic charge
- Brassica alcohol: fatty alcohol from plant oils that contains a hydrophobic carbon chain
Lamellar liquid crystals (LLCs) are formed by the specific ratio of amino lipid to fatty alcohol. These structures can stabilize high oil loads, aid in deposition of the cationic amino lipid on hair, and provide a soft, powdery and non-greasy feel. The microscopy images show the presence of LLCs in AminoSensyl™ HC.
Prototypes Created With This Product
Color Care Conditioner
This creamy conditioner is 100% biobased with a new breakthrough in amino-acid based hair care, AminoSensyl™ HC, that conditions, smooths and strengthens all hair types.
The Shampoo Bar
A sustainable take on a traditional shampoo, this waterless bar cleans without stripping. AminoSensyl™ HC rehydrates and conditions hair. LexFeel™ N5 MB provides combability with the benefit of silicone-free.
Split End Repair Cream
This luxurious cream uses the novel weightless conditioning power of 100% natural and quat-free AminoSensyl™ HC to infuse life and shine into dry hair to repair heat damage, manage flyaways and quench split ends.
The Conditioner Bar
A sustainable take on a traditional conditioner, this waterless and easy-rinse bar delivers strengthening & conditioning with amino acid based conditioning agent, AminoSensyl™ HC.
The Hair Mask
This creamy solid hair mask uses the amino-acid based amino lipid, AminoSensyl™ HC to deeply nourish the hair and LexFeel™ N350 MB to provide color protection.
Liquid Crystalline Phase Behavior of Amino Lipids
The difference of one methylene group in the amino lipid head group leads to pronounced differences in the liquid crystalline phase behavior and hair conditioning performance.
The "Rethink" Kit
Rethink sustainability with 7 unique and exciting formats that revolutionize product sustainability.