Lexgard® Natural MB
Glyceryl Caprylate (and) Glyceryl Undecylenate
100% Plant-Based Optimized Preservation Combination
Lexgard® Natural MB is an all-natural multifunctional ingredient system for preservation effects. It is composed of high purity C8 monoesters and undecylenic acid to protect formulations from microbial growth.
- Bacteriostatic booster
- Mild fungistatic activity
- Entirely plant-based
- Emollient, co-emulsifier, & skin refatting agent
- Recommended for W/O or O/W emulsion systems
- Effective in emulsions, creams and lotions in addition to surfactant-based products such as shower gels, facial cleansers and shampoos
- Free of parabens, formaldehyde donors, MIT, phenoxyethanol, and other traditional preservatives
- Building block for a customized Hurdle Technology system
- Controls bacteria (gram +/-) and yeast, with some efficacy against mold
- For added broad spectrum protection, combine with strong yeast & mold control agent such as Zeastat™
Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level: 1.0 - 1.5%
- Gently heat to 45 - 50°C
- Mix well before using
- Add to water phase (below 80°C) or during cool down phase (~40°C)
- For clear formulations, solubilize using LexSolv™ Essential
Please request an Alternative Preservation Formulation Guide for more information
Sustainability is embedded in INOLEX's design philosophy. Lexgard® Natural MB design was guided by the Principles of Green Chemistry and life cycle thinking.
Green Chemistry & Sustainable Life Cycle Highlights:
- renewable feedstocks
- readily biodegradable
- no solvents used
- non-aqueous product
- benign starting materials makes for safer chemical synthesis
- contributes to a safely preserved formula for consumer use
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
The Science Behind
This alternative preservation component contributes to creating a hostile environment for microbial growth as part of a Hurdle Technology approach. Lexgard® Natural MB can be a complete system for certain formulations or a component of your broad spectrum customized system.
Lexgard® Natural MB includes the following multifunctional components and can be a complete system for certain formulations or a component of your broad spectrum customized system.
- Glyceryl Caprylate: A skin conditioning agent, an emulsifying agent, and wetting agent that prevents the growth of bacteria in formulation
- Undecylenic Acid: A co-emulsifier and wetting agent that prevents the growth of fungus (yeast & mold) in formulation
Prototypes Created With This Product
The Conditioner Bar
A sustainable take on a traditional conditioner, this waterless and easy-rinse bar delivers strengthening & conditioning with amino acid based conditioning agent, AminoSensyl™ HC.
The Cleansing Cube
BYOW (Bring Your Own Water) to cleansing with The Cleansing Cube. This no package necessary solid format gives a sustainable take a traditional face cleansing.
Natural Glow CC Cream SPF15
Prime, moisturize, protect in one step. The Natural Glow CC Cream leaves the skin soft and hydrated while protecting from the sun with SPF 15. Covers blemishes and imperfections for an all-day glow.
Inolex Granted New Patent for Preservation Technology
Demonstrating a commitment to advancing the field of safe, effective, and sustainable options for alternative preservation of formulated products.
Hurdle Technology in Cosmetics: An Alternative Preservation Approach
All formulas need to be protected from microbes. Learn the science behind the Hurdle Technology approach to cosmetic formulation preservation.