The words natural, green, and clean have been buzzing around the industry for years. So much so that you’re probably sick of hearing them! Consumer claims in this category are messy and it almost feels as though the industry has thrown up its hands at the idea of defining natural and clean. However, there are tangible components of naturality and there are concrete ways to communicate this to your consumer.
INOLEX’s first ever BeautyFood Edu-Series, Goodbye Greenwashing, explores the wellness and transparency trends and their impact on natural claims, certification bodies, and ways to formulate more naturally without sacrificing performance.
Part 1: Wellness, Transparency, and the Evolution of Third Party Natural Certifications
The movement towards naturals in beauty & personal care has been influenced by decades of social change and attention to the environment. Unfortunately, greenwashing became rampant as companies wanted to market to environmentally-conscious consumers without putting in the work to be sustainable. Certifications have emerged to serve the purpose of validating natural claims in attempt to avoid greenwashing.
Part 2: Certified Biobased Content Brings Transparency to Natural Claims
In a collaboration with the United States Department of Agriculture, INOLEX explores how the USDA BioPreferred® Program brings a science-based approach to transparent and verified natural claims.
Part 3: Formulating High Performance Natural Products
Putting everything we've learned into action, Part 3 explores how an average emulsion formulation can be transformed into plant-based wonders by swapping traditional technologies with natural innovations from INOLEX.
AminoSensyl™ SC100% Natural Cationic Emulsification System
- COSMOS approved & brassica-derived
- Cationic amino lipid emulsification system
- Creates lamellar gel networks
- Stabilize high oil loads for moisturizing skin care
AminoSensyl™ HC100% Natural Quat-Free Hair Conditioning System
- Multi-benefit hair conditioning system
- 100% natural & COSMOS approved
- Cationic amino lipid technology
- Smooth, define, and strengthen hair
LexFeel™ N350 MBDimethicone Alternative & Hair Color Protectant
- 350 cSt dimethicone alternative
- Hair color protection benefits
- Improved skin-feel and wet / dry comb performance
- 100% natural, vegan, and readily biodegradable
LexFeel™ N5 MB100% Plant-Based Light Dimethicone Alternative
- Matches spreading speed of 10 cSt dimethicone
- Tack reduction properties
- Dispersing emollient for pigments
- 100% natural, NSF / ANSI 305 Approved
LexFilm™ Sun Natural MB100% Plant-Based, Biodegradable Film Former
- 100% plant-based polymer & COSMOS certified
- Optimize SPF & create water resistance
- Readily biodegradable
- Compatible with inorganic & organic UV filters
LipFeel™ Natural MB100% Plant-Based Moisturizer & Gloss Enhancer
- Humectant & moisture retention agent
- Comparable to castor oil plus oxidative resistance
- 100% plant-based & biodegradable
- Enhance shine & gloss
Spectrastat™ G2 Natural MB100% Natural Broad Spectrum Preservation System
- Plant-based preservation system
- NATRUE approved & 100% biobased content
- Broad spectrum performance
- Pass industry-standard challenge test
Liquid Crystalline Phase Behavior of Amino Lipids
The difference of one methylene group in the amino lipid head group leads to pronounced differences in the liquid crystalline phase behavior and hair conditioning performance.
Explore our Prototype Library
The INOLEX Applications Lab designs a myriad of exciting and inspiring prototypes that demonstrate current market trends and the performance of our ingredients.