LexFeel™ N50 MB
Diheptyl Succinate (and) Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer
100% Plant-Based 50 cSt Dimethicone Alternative
LexFeel™ N50 MB is a 100% natural and sustainable sensory emollient that has the sensory feel and spreading profile of dimethicone.
- Enables silicone-free formulations
- Matches the spreading speed of 50 cSt dimethicone
- Dispersing emollient for color pigments and inorganic UV filters
- Improve skin-feel in creams and lotions
- Enhance shine and texture on hair
- Use in conditioners, anti-frizz, and styling products
- Reduce greasiness of natural oils
- See image gallery for sensory profile
Suitable for all applications
Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level: up to 100%
Use Instruction: Add to oil phase, can be used in hot or cold process
Sustainability is embedded in Inolex's design philosophy. LexFeel™ N50 MB design was guided by the Principles of Green Chemistry and life cycle thinking.
Green Chemistry & Sustainable Life Cycle Highlights:
- non-persistent in the environment
- water is only reaction byproduct
- 98% atom economy
- non-irritating to skin or eyes
- solvent-free process
- low energy manufacturing process especially compared to the manufacture of silicones
- 100% renewable plant feedstocks
expected to be readily biodegradable*
*based on its structure and/or the biodegradability of its components
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
The Science Behind
The LexFeel™ N Series products were specifically optimized to mimic the sensory and function of different viscosity dimethicones. These ingredients pair a highly versatile plant-based copolymer with a soft and lightweight ester, creating a synergistic blend superior to one component alone.
Request LexFeel™ N50 MB Complimentary Items
Prototypes Created With This Product
A silky body butter reminiscent of homemade frosting. The dynamic sensory experience begins with a firm viscous texture that quickly melts into the skin for a smooth, silky finish.
Webinar: Non-Silicone, Plant-Based Sensory Emollients
A Digital & Live Sensory Event: find your new favorite sustainable silicone alternative.
Strategies for Designing Sustainable Products
Explore the interactive tool on 'The 5 Guiding Requirements' to sustainable product design with functional ingredients.
Is Clean Beauty here to stay?
While the term is not regulated, brands and retailers have both made tremendous progress in defining this term and setting standards.