Anti-Static & Conditioning Additive
Kerazyne™ MB is a novel quat-free polymeric conditioning hair care additive that improves feel and reduces static charge.
- Cationic conditioning agent
- Improve gloss and lubricity
- Reduce usage of polyquaternium polymers
- Replace amodimethicone
- Reduce static charge
- Improve combability
- Reduce surfactant-induced skin irritation in cleansing applications
hair conditioner | hair treatments | hair styling | skincare | body care | cleansing
Standards & CertificationsView Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level: 0.5 - 2%
- Add to oil phase or premix with amphoteric surfactant and then add into surfactant system with mixing
- pH < 6.5 required
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
The Science Behind
Kerazyne™ MB a polyesteramine.
This chemistry provides hair conditioning through multiple mechanisms:
- Non-quat cationic sites are attracted to anionically charged hair fibers
- Ester linkages provide secondary attractive forces to hair fibers
- Alkyl group provides a protective, conditioning layer once bound to hair
The combined effects result in emolliency and gloss characteristic of an ester and adhesion properties comparable to traditional amines.
In cleansing applications, polyesteramines interact with surfactant molecules and reduce the interaction of individual surfactant molecules with the skin's lipid bilayers. The result is a reduction in skin irritation during cleansing.
Prototypes Created With This Product
Polyesteramine Performance: Improving Mildness in Rinse-off Cleansers
Addition of polyesteramines has been shown to reduce surfactant-induced skin irritation for development of high foaming, gentle cleansing products.
Expert Opinions: Hand Hygiene and Care
Michael J. Fevola, PhD of INOLEX joins other industry experts to weigh-in on the changing hand hygiene market and growth trends emerging during the COVID-19 global pandemic.