AminoSensyl™ Ultra MB
Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Brassicyl Valinate Esylate
Breakthrough Conditioning for Sustainable BTAC Replacement
AminoSensyl™ Ultra MB is a COSMOS approved, non-quat complete conditioning system with cationic amino lipid technology. It creates luxury textures and provides deep moisturization. It is ideal for soft, weightless conditioning that smooths, defines, and strengthens hair.
SEPAWA Award Winning Conditioning Innovation
- 100% Natural conditioning system
- Optimized combination of cationic amino lipid and fatty alcohol
- Equivalent conditioning to BTAC (behentrimonium chloride)
- 3X increase in hair strength to prevent breakage
- Anti-static for smooth, defined appearance
- Curl defining for all hair types
- Performance tested on Chinese, Curly Multi-Ethnic, and European hair types
- Non-toxic to aquatic life
- Non-irritating to skin or eyes
- Readily biodegradable
- Designed with green chemistry
hair conditioners | hair treatments | skincare | serums | emulsions | cleansing | body care | shave | beard care
Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level:
- 4 - 20% for rinse off and leave in conditioner
- 20 - 90% for solid formats
- Add to oil phase and heat to 75°C
- pH < 5 is required
- No neutralization needed. AminoSensyl™ Ultra MB is pre-neutralized.
- Download the Formulator's Guide for more information
Sustainability is embedded in Inolex's design philosophy. AminoSensyl™ Ultra MB design was guided by the Principles of Green Chemistry and life cycle thinking.
Green Chemistry & Sustainable Life Cycle Highlights:
- non-toxic to aquatic life
- water is only reaction byproduct
- non-irritating to skin or eyes
- solid, non-aqueous product
- solvent-free process
- low energy manufacturing process
- renewable feedstocks
- readily biodegradable
- no heavy metal catalysts
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
The Science Behind
AminoSensyl™ Ultra MB is part of Inolex's propriety technology platform of amino lipids.
Building blocks of the amino lipid molecule, Brassicyl Valinate Esylate:
- Valine: amino acid from biofermentation that provides the natural cationic charge
- Brassica alcohol: fatty alcohol from plant oils that contains a hydrophobic carbon chain
Lamellar liquid crystals (LLCs) are formed by the specific ratio of amino lipid to fatty alcohol. These structures can stabilize high oil loads, aid in deposition of the cationic amino lipid on hair, and provide a soft, powdery and non-greasy feel. The microscopy images show the presence of LLCs in AminoSensyl™ HC.
Prototypes Created With This Product
Natural Hydrating Conditioner
Say hello to a safer, more sustainable solution for your hair. This 100% natural formulation not only conditions and strengthens all hair types, but also supports the health of the planet. AminoSensyl™ Ultra MB replaces BTAC, provides equivalent conditioning and strengthening power, and gives your formulation a beautiful gloss and ultra-smooth texture.
Natural Purple Conditioner
Keep hair bright and healthy with Natural Purple Conditioner, powered by AminoSensyl™ Ultra MB amino lipid technology. This ~100% natural formula conditions, smooths, and strengthens dry, damaged hair for a healthy, vibrant appearance.
Nourishing Hair Mask
This specially formulated hair mask is perfect for anyone looking for a luxurious, natural alternative to traditional hair care products. Designed to bring luxury to your weekly conditioning routine, the Nourishing Hair Mask has a whipped, buttery texture that spreads smoothly and leaves hair feeling soft and moisturized.
Cushion Pomade is the perfect hair styling product that is both fun to use and good for the environment. This inspirational formula has a cushiony feel during application, dries with a flash, and leaves hair feeling moisturized with a soft hold. Formulated with the novel ingredient, AminoSensyl™ Ultra MB, this formula is gentle to the scalp and safe for the environment.
Liquid Crystalline Phase Behavior of Amino Lipids
The difference of one methylene group in the amino lipid head group leads to pronounced differences in the liquid crystalline phase behavior and hair conditioning performance.
Strategies for Designing Sustainable Products
Explore the interactive tool on 'The 5 Guiding Requirements' to sustainable product design with functional ingredients.