Caprylhydroxamic Acid (and) Propanediol
100% Natural Water-Soluble Preservation Component
Zeastat™ is a 100% natural multifunctional agent that provides antimicrobial control in cosmetic and personal care products. It creates a fungistatic environment that prevents growth of microorganisms.
- 100% certified biobased content
- Cold processable
- Yeast and mold control
- Effective in emulsions, creams and lotions in addition to surfactant-based products such as shower gels, facial cleansers and shampoos
- Free of parabens, formaldehyde donors, MIT, phenoxyethanol, and other traditional preservatives
- Building block for a customized Hurdle Technology system
- Strong protection against yeast and mold
- Use in combination with bacteria control agent for broad spectrum protection
Standards & CertificationsView Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level:
- O/W Emulsion: 1 - 2%
- O/W Sunscreens: 1 - 2%
- Cleansers: 1 - 2.5%
- Wipe Juices: 1 - 2.5%
- For use in cold or hot process
- Mix well before using
- Add to water phase (below 80°C) or during cool down phase (~40°C)
Please request an Alternative Preservation Formulators Guide for more information.
Sustainability is embedded in INOLEX's design philosophy. Zeastat™ design was guided by the Principles of Green Chemistry and life cycle thinking.
Green Chemistry & Sustainable Life Cycle Highlights:
- renewable feedstocks
- readily biodegradable
- safe catalysts used
- non-aqueous product
- benign starting materials makes for safer chemical synthesis
- contributes to a safely preserved formula for consumer use
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
This alternative preservation component contributes to creating a hostile environment for microbial growth as part of a Hurdle Technology approach. Zeastat™ can be a complete system for certain formulations or a component of your broad spectrum customized system.
- Caprylhydroxamic Acid: A multifunctional component. It is a 100% natural organic acid and chelating agent that prevents the growth of yeast and mold in formulation. Unlike most organic acids used in preservation, caprylhydroxamic acid remains undissociated at neutral pH.
- Propanediol: A carrier for ease of formulation.
Hurdle Technology in Cosmetics: An Alternative Preservation Approach
All formulas need to be protected from microbes. Learn the science behind the Hurdle Technology approach to cosmetic formulation preservation.
5 Macro Trends of the 2020s
Keep track of big shifts, not just the spike fads, that are transforming the beauty industry in this decade.
Natural Cosmetic Preservation with Spectrastat™ Complete Solutions
Consumer trends perpetuate the need for alternative preservation with broad spectrum performance.