Lexgard® MHG Natural MB
100% Natural Preservation Component & Anti-Soaping Agent
Lexgard® MHG Natural MB is a multi-benefit component that protects formulations from microbial growth, provides odor control, and minimizes or eliminates soaping in emulsions.
- Bacteriostatic booster
- Odor control benefits in deodorant applications
- Anti-soaping agent in emulsions
- Pair with silicone alternative emollient for non-soaping silicone-free emulsions
- Multifunctional medium chain glyceryl ether
- Entirely plant-based
- Effective in emulsions, creams and lotions in addition to surfactant-based products such as shower gels, facial cleansers and shampoos
- Free of parabens, formaldehyde donors, MIT, phenoxyethanol, and other traditional preservatives
- Building block for a customized Hurdle Technology system
- Controls bacteria (gram +/-) and yeast
- Use in combination with mold control agent for broad spectrum protection
Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level for Preservation:
- O/W Emulsion: 0.5 - 1.5%
- O/W Sunscreens: 1.0 - 1.5%
- Cleansers: 1.0 - 1.5%
- Wipe Juices: 1.0 - 1.5%
Recommended Use Level for Anti-Soaping Emulsion:
- 1.5 - 2.0%
- For use in cold or hot process
- Mix well before using
- Add to water phase (below 80°C) or during cool down phase (~40°C)
- For clear formulations, solubilize using LexSolv™ Essential
Please request an Alternative Preservation Formulators Guide for more information
Sustainability is embedded in INOLEX's design philosophy. Lexgard® MHG Natural MB design was guided by the Principles of Green Chemistry and life cycle thinking.
Green Chemistry & Sustainable Life Cycle Highlights:
- renewable feedstocks
- readily biodegradable
- safe catalysts used
- no solvents used
- non-aqueous product
- benign starting materials makes for safer chemical synthesis
- contributes to a safely preserved formula for consumer use
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
This alternative preservation component contributes to creating a hostile environment for microbial growth as part of a Hurdle Technology approach. Lexgard® MHG Natural MB can be a complete system for certain formulations or a component of your broad spectrum customized system.
Methylheptylglycerin is a multifunctional component. It is an anti-soaping agent and skin conditioning agent that prevents the growth of bacteria in formulation.
Preservation Mechanism of Action
Medium-chain amphiphilic compound that interacts with cell membranes (lipid bilayers) enhancing cell permeability.
Deodorant Odor Control Mechanism of Action
Interacts with gram+ bacteria, e.g. Staphylococcus hominis, the gram+ bacteria in the underarm area that is responsible for excreting the malodor-causing thioalcohol
Anti-Soaping Emulsions Mechanism of Action
Amphiphilic methyl-branched C8 carbon chain has higher dynamic surface activity than long chain emulsifiers and reduces emulsifier adsorption at the air-water interface
Prototypes Created With This Product
Hurdle Technology in Cosmetics: An Alternative Preservation Approach
All formulas need to be protected from microbes. Learn the science behind the Hurdle Technology approach to cosmetic formulation preservation.
Inolex Granted New Patent for Preservation Technology
Demonstrating a commitment to advancing the field of safe, effective, and sustainable options for alternative preservation of formulated products.
Inolex Receives Halal Certification for its Entire Product Portfolio
Verifying the purity and quality of its ingredients for a halal lifestyle.