Lexgard® GH70 Natural
100% Natural Ultra-Mild Preservation Component
Lexgard® GH70 Natural is a multifunctional ingredient that provides antimicrobial control in formulations. This innovative glyceryl ester is significantly more mild to skin than traditional preservation components making it well suited to sensitive skin, facial care, and baby care applications.
- Bacteriostatic booster
- Mild to skin
- Liquid format
- Cold processable
- Ideal for clear formulations
- Multifunctional glyceryl ester
- Entirely plant-based
- Effective in emulsions, surfactant-based products, sunscreens, and wipes juice formulations
- Free of parabens, formaldehyde donors, MIT, phenoxyethanol, and other traditional preservatives
- Building block for a customized Hurdle Technology system
- Controls bacteria (gram +/-)
- Pass results with industry standard tests: EP-B, USP51, and PCPC
- Pass results with recommended use level at pH 4-8: 1.0 – 1.5% (w/w)
- Use in combination with yeast & mold control agent for broad spectrum protection
Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level:
- O/W Emulsion: 1.0 - 1.5%
- O/W Sunscreens: 1.0 - 1.5%
- Cleansers: 1.0 - 1.5%
- Wipe Juices: 1.0 - 1.5%
- For use in cold or hot process
- Mix well before using
- Add to water phase (below 80°C) or during cool down phase (~40°C).
Please request an Alternative Preservation Formulators Guide for more information
Sustainability is embedded in Inolex's design philosophy. Lexgard® GH70 Natural design was guided by the Principles of Green Chemistry and life cycle thinking.
Green Chemistry & Sustainable Life Cycle Highlights:
- renewable feedstocks
- readily biodegradable
- no solvents or catalysts used
- non-aqueous product
- benign starting materials makes for safer chemical synthesis
- contributes to a safely preserved formula for consumer use
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
This alternative preservation component contributes to creating a hostile environment for microbial growth as part of a Hurdle Technology approach. Lexgard® GH70 Natural can be a complete system for certain formulations or a component of your broad spectrum customized system.
Preservation Mechanism of Action
Medium-chain amphiphilic compound that interacts with cell membranes (lipid bilayers) enhancing cell permeability.
Glyceryl Heptanoate is a multifunctional component. It is a skin conditioning agent, an emulsifying agent, and wetting agent.
Request Lexgard® GH70 Natural Complimentary Items
Neil Washburn Joins Inolex Executive Team as Interim President
Washburn is poised to help the company accelerate its growth in line with the needs of its customers and its current and future innovation platform.
Preserving with the Help of Multifunctionals
Michael J. Fevola, PhD, Vice President R&D and Product Stewardship at Inolex, joins other industry experts in this look at modern alternative approaches to preservation with the help of multifunctional ingredients.
Hurdle Technology in Cosmetics: An Alternative Preservation Approach
All formulas need to be protected from microbes. Learn the science behind the Hurdle Technology approach to cosmetic formulation preservation.