Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (and) Isododecane
Volatile Cyclomethicone Replacement
LexFeel™ D5 is a light, dry fluid that mimics the properties of cyclopentasiloxane (D5) in personal care applications.
- Highly purified, odorless, and colorless
- Spreading properties comparable to silicone D5
- Volatility comparable to silicone D5
- Fast absorbing
- Excellent slip
- See image gallery for sensory profile
Suitable for all applications
Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level: up to 100%
- Add to oil phase
- It is recommended to use a cold process or minimize heating due to flammability
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
The Science Behind
LexFeel™ D5 is an optimized combination of ingredients that mimics the spreading and volatility of cyclopentasiloxane (D5).
- Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate is a light emollient that provides spreading and afterfeel aesthetics.
- Isododecane is a volatile solvent that mimics the volatility of cyclopentasiloxane.
Many of the physical properties of LexFeel™ D5 are comparable to those of silicone D5:
- Kinematic viscosity
- Specific gravity
- Heat of vaporization
- Refractive index
- Flash point
- Appearance & odor
Request LexFeel™ D5 Complimentary Items
Assessing Cyclomethicone Replacements for Functional & Sensorial Equivalence
With EU regulations in effect and silicone shortages worldwide, now more than ever it is imperative to start making the switch to non-silicone technologies without sacrificing performance.
Webinar: Non-Silicone, Plant-Based Sensory Emollients
A Digital & Live Sensory Event: find your new favorite sustainable silicone alternative.
Inolex Receives Halal Certification for its Entire Product Portfolio
Verifying the purity and quality of its ingredients for a halal lifestyle.