Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (and) Isododecane
Volatile Cyclomethicone Replacement
LexFeel™ D4 is a light, dry fluid that mimics the properties of cyclotetrasiloxane (D4) in personal care applications.
- Highly purified, odorless, and colorless
- Spreading properties comparable to silicone D4
- Volatility comparable to silicone D4
- Fast absorbing with excellent slip
- See image gallery for sensory profile
Suitable for all applications
Standards & CertificationsView Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level: up to 100%
- Add to oil phase
- It is recommended to use a cold process or minimize heating due to flammability
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
The Science Behind
LexFeel™ D4 is an optimized combination of ingredients that mimics the spreading and volatility of cyclotetrasiloxane (D4).
- Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate is a light emollient that provides spreading and afterfeel aesthetics.
- Isododecane is a volatile solvent that mimics the volatility of cyclotetrasiloxane.
Many of the physical properties of LexFeel™ D4 are comparable to those of silicone D4:
- Kinematic viscosity
- Specific gravity
- Heat of vaporization
- Refractive index
- Flash point
- Appearance & odor
Prototypes Created With This Product
Webinar: Non-Silicone, Plant-Based Sensory Emollients
A Digital & Live Sensory Event: find your new favorite sustainable silicone alternative.
Is Clean Beauty here to stay?
While the term is not regulated, brands and retailers have both made tremendous progress in defining this term and setting standards.
INOLEX Receives Halal Certification for its Entire Product Portfolio
Verifying the purity and quality of its ingredients for a halal lifestyle.