Color Protectant & Conditioning Additive
ClariSilk™ is a novel quat-free polymeric conditioning additive for hair care. It reduces static charge and remains clear in formulation.
- Reduces static charge
- Hair color protection benefits
- Combing and detangling effects
- Improved softness and shine
- Use for amodimethicone-free formulations
- Clear in surfactant systems
- Provides foaming and easy rinse-off to shampoos
- No build-up
shampoos | 2-in-1 hair care | conditioners | hair treatments | hair styling
Standards & CertificationsView Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level: 0.5 - 2%
- Add to oil phase or premix with amphoteric surfactant and then add into surfactant system with mixing
- pH < 6.5 required
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
The Science Behind
ClariSilk™ MB a polyesteramine.
This chemistry provides hair conditioning through multiple mechanisms:
- Non-quat cationic sites are attracted to anionically charged hair fibers
- Ester linkages provide secondary attractive forces to hair fibers
- Alkyl group provides a protective, conditioning layer once bound to hair
The combined effects result in emolliency and gloss characteristic of an ester and adhesion properties comparable to traditional amines.
In cleansing applications, polyesteramines interact with surfactant molecules and reduce the interaction of individual surfactant molecules with the skin's lipid bilayers. The result is a reduction in skin irritation during cleansing.
Prototypes Created With This Product
Split End Repair Cream
This luxurious cream uses the novel weightless conditioning power of 100% natural and quat-free AminoSensyl™ HC to infuse life and shine into dry hair to repair heat damage, manage flyaways and quench split ends.
Polyesteramine Performance: Improving Mildness in Rinse-off Cleansers
Addition of polyesteramines has been shown to reduce surfactant-induced skin irritation for development of high foaming, gentle cleansing products.
INOLEX Receives Halal Certification for its Entire Product Portfolio
Verifying the purity and quality of its ingredients for a halal lifestyle.