Water Soluble Non-Irritating Preservation Component
Lexgard® H is a versatile solvent that can also boost or aid the preservation of cosmetic formulations by creating a biostatic environment that prevents growth of microorganisms.
- Bacteriostatic booster
- Multifunctional Medium Chain Terminal Diol
- Water soluble
- Non-irritating to skin
- Moisturizer & solvent
- Effective in emulsions, creams and lotions in addition to surfactant-based products such as shower gels, facial cleansers and shampoos
- Free of parabens, formaldehyde donors, MIT, phenoxyethanol, and other traditional preservatives
- Building block for a customized Hurdle Technology system
- Controls bacteria (gram +/-)
- Use in combination with yeast & mold control agent for broad spectrum protection
Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level: 1.0 - 3.0%
- For use in cold or hot processes
- Mix well before using.
- Add to water phase (below 80°C) or during cool down phase (~40°C)
Please request an Alternative Preservation Formulators Guide for more information
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
This alternative preservation component contributes to creating a hostile environment for microbial growth as part of a Hurdle Technology approach. Lexgard® H can be a complete system for certain formulations or a component of your broad spectrum customized system.
1,2-Hexanediol is a multifunctional component. It is a skin conditioning agent and humectant that prevents the growth of bacteria in formulation. It has a short carbon chain length which makes it ultra-mild on skin.
Inolex Receives Halal Certification for its Entire Product Portfolio
Verifying the purity and quality of its ingredients for a halal lifestyle.
Hurdle Technology in Cosmetics: An Alternative Preservation Approach
All formulas need to be protected from microbes. Learn the science behind the Hurdle Technology approach to cosmetic formulation preservation.