Lexgard® GMCY MB
100% Natural Multifunctional Preservation Component
Lexgard® GMCY MB is a multifunctional, high purity monoester that provides antimicrobial control in formulations by creating a biostatic environment that prevents growth of microorganisms.
- Bacteriostatic booster
- 85% monoester content
- Multifunctional Medium Chain Terminal Diol
- Emollient, moisturizer, & wetting agent
- Entirely plant-based
- Effective in emulsions, creams and lotions in addition to surfactant-based products such as shower gels, facial cleansers and shampoos
- Free of parabens, formaldehyde donors, MIT, phenoxyethanol, and other traditional preservatives
- Building block for a customized Hurdle Technology system
- Controls bacteria (gram +/-)
- Use in combination with yeast & mold control agent for broad spectrum protection
Standards & CertificationsView Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level: 1 - 1.5%
- Gently heat to 45 - 50°C
- Mix well before using
- Add to water phase (below 80°C) or during cool down phase (~40°C)
Please request an Alternative Preservation Formulation Guide for more information
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
This alternative preservation component contributes to creating a hostile environment for microbial growth as part of a Hurdle Technology approach. Lexgard® GMCY MB can be a complete system for certain formulations or a component of your broad spectrum customized system.
Glyceryl Caprylate is a multifunctional component. It is a skin conditioning agent, an emulsifying agent, and wetting agent.
Hurdle Technology in Cosmetics: An Alternative Preservation Approach
All formulas need to be protected from microbes. Learn the science behind the Hurdle Technology approach to cosmetic formulation preservation.
Strategies for Designing Sustainable Products
Explore the interactive tool on 'The 5 Guiding Requirements' to sustainable product design with functional ingredients.
INOLEX Granted New Patent for Preservation Technology
Demonstrating a commitment to advancing the field of safe, effective, and sustainable options for alternative preservation of formulated products.