Multifunctional Humectant & Preservation Component
Lexgard® E is a versatile solvent that can also boost or aid the preservation of cosmetic formulations by creating a biostatic environment that prevents growth of microorganisms.
- Bacteriostatic booster
- Multifunctional Medium Chain Terminal Diol
- Cold processable
- Anti-soaping effect
- Skin conditioning agent
- Emollient, moisturizer & wetting agent
- Effective in emulsions, creams and lotions in addition to surfactant-based products such as shower gels, facial cleansers and shampoos
- Free of parabens, formaldehyde donors, MIT, phenoxyethanol, and other traditional preservatives
- Building block for a customized Hurdle Technology system
- Controls bacteria (gram +/-)
- Use in combination with yeast & mold control agent for broad spectrum protection
Standards & CertificationsView Standards & Certifications
How to Use
Recommended Use Level:
- O/W Emulsion: 0.5 - 2%
- O/W Sunscreens: 0.5 - 2%
- Cleansers: 1.0 - 2%
- Wipe Juices: 1.0 - 2%
- Add to water phase (below 80°C) or during cool down phase (~40°C)
- Mix well before using
- Can be used in cold or hot process
Please request an Alternative Preservation Formulators Guide for more information.
For more information about the origin and processing of this ingredient, please request a Technical & Regulatory Dossier.
This alternative preservation component contributes to creating a hostile environment for microbial growth as part of a Hurdle Technology approach. Lexgard® E can be a complete system for certain formulations or a component of your broad spectrum customized system.
Ethylhexylglycerin is a multifunctional component. It is a skin conditioning agent that also prevents the growth of bacteria in formulation.
Hurdle Technology in Cosmetics: An Alternative Preservation Approach
All formulas need to be protected from microbes. Learn the science behind the Hurdle Technology approach to cosmetic formulation preservation.
INOLEX Granted New Patent for Preservation Technology
Demonstrating a commitment to advancing the field of safe, effective, and sustainable options for alternative preservation of formulated products.